As we enter 2024, let’s take a quick look at some of the fantastic progress made on projects of the Clay Cross Town Deal throughout the last year:
- In March, the spade went in the ground at Sharley Park Leisure Centre as construction on the new Clay Cross Active leisure hub began.
- The Rail Station Feasibility Study project came to a close as the study was completed going into summer.
- In June, Expression of Interest applications opened for businesses seeking grant funding for their low carbon investments.
- September saw Clay Cross Active get Sport England’s backing with a whopping £1.9m funding for the hub.
- In October, Inspire Design’s Managing Director, Lee Barnes, was appointed as the new Chair of Clay Cross Town Board.
- Thanks to their success with other government-led projects, Professional Energy Purchasing joined forces with North East Derbyshire District Council to support businesses in developing their energy and carbon savings initiatives, as well as helping to complete applications for Low Carbon Challenge Fund grants.
- The proposals for the Town Centre Regeneration project were approved by the Planning Committee in November.
- Using Town Deal funding, a site was cleared for the Clay Cross Police Station relocation.
We’re overjoyed to see Clay Cross develop at great pace with support from the Town Deal. The town’s future is in great hands, with many more exciting milestones set for 2024!