The Clay Cross Local Area Network Strategy (formerly known as Low Carbon Energy Network Strategy) is now complete and available to view and download.
North East Derbyshire District Council has worked with consultants and stakeholders to deliver a costed action plan and road map for Clay Cross to achieve net zero carbon by 2050. The report is in three stages:
- Stage 1 – Shaping and Baselining.
- Stage 2 – Opportunity Assessment
- Stage 3 – Route Map
This report provides a well-evidenced and data-driven strategy, with next steps being to:
- Publish and raise awareness of the Local Area Energy Plan (LAEP) strategy
- Engage with and lobby Western Power Distribution to address potential future supply issues
- Develop and roll-out the £1.95m Low Carbon Challenge Fund to deliver sustainable energy opportunities already identified.
- Continue dialogue with the Coal Authority to explore the feasibility of heat from mine-water
- Improve access to electric vehicle charging points
- Work with employers and FE/HE institutes to increase the opportunity for green jobs and training.